Nowadays, other than the chances that economic integration has brought back, one of the challanges that enterprises are coping up with is their trademark protection issues. In fact, many trademark owners did not really pay attention to this problem which led to many unfortunate disputes.
Therefore, how can trademark owners register for their trademark protection? Dream law would like to present to you the files and order of trademark protection procedures based on the current law.
Trademark protection files
In accordance with current law, trademark protection files includes:
- Trademark registration form;
- Trademark pattern and list of goods;
- Presentation about the features, characteristic quality of the goods carrying the trademark (if the registered trademark is collective mark for goods with specific characteror quality certification mark or geographical origin certification mark)
- Geographic area map (if the registered trademark is geographical origin certification mark, collective mark, sites contained certification mark or other indications of the area’s signature products’ geographic origin)
- Provincial People’s Committee’s permission document for trademark registration (is the registered trademark is collective mark, sites contained certification mark or other indications of the area’s signature products’ geographic origin)
- Authorization letter
- Fees and charges payment document
- Document proving registration right (and priority right)
Time-limit for trademark protection registration
|1.||Form examined||01 month since the date of application|
|2.||Publication of the registration.||02 months since the registration is valid|
|3.||Substantively examined||09 months since the date of registration publication|
|4.||Grant the trademark protection certification|
Here are some information about the procedures of trademark protection registration.
To have more consultancy about trademark protection or other related intellectual property legal issues by Dream Law, please contact: 024 6653 9546
Dream Law LCC, Ltd.
Add: 401, No. 68, Phan Ke Binh road, Cong Vi ward, Ba Dinh district, Hanoi.